Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 PRO

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2011 PRO

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS TO OPEN ACT AND I CAN'T BACK UP THE DATA CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS THANKS.

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> System.Exception: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
   at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName)
   at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName)
   at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.get_CustomMacroHandlers()
   at Act.UI.Core.Explorer.RestoreImagesToCollection()
   at Act.UI.Core.Explorer.LoadDisconnectedMenuToolBar()
   at Act.UI.ActApplication.InitializeExplorer()
   at Act.UI.ActApplication.InitializeApplication()
   at Act.UI.ActApplication..ctor(IUnityContainer container, IEventAggregator eventAggregator)
   at BuildUp_Act.UI.ActApplication(IBuilderContext )
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)
   at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Builder.BuildUp(IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetime, IPolicyList policies, IStrategyChain strategies, Object buildKey, Object existing)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerBase.Resolve[T]()
   at Act.Application.ActBootstrapper.ConfigureContainer()
   at Act.Composite.UnityExtensions.SimpleUnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean useDefaultConfiguration)
   at Act.Application.Act.Main(String[] args)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 PRO

You will need to try the steps (specifically Manually Delete Preference Files) on the computer which is unable to open the database. This will not affect any other computer.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Mamoshi,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article addressing this issue: KB Article 25865

Greg Martin
Sage

HI GREG THANK

I TRAY SOME OF THE OPTIONS BUT SINCE I HAVE 2 LICENSES AND ONE IS WORKING I DON'T WANT TO MESS THE OTHER ONE AND I CAN'T GET BACK UP ANY OTHER WAY

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You will need to try the steps (specifically Manually Delete Preference Files) on the computer which is unable to open the database. This will not affect any other computer.
Greg Martin
Sage

hi thank you so much i was able to open and its working now thank you your the best

Platinum Elite Contributor