Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 MIGRATION TO SAGE 50 US EDITION DISTRIBUION 5 USERS

ACT 2011 MIGRATION TO SAGE 50 US EDITION DISTRIBUION 5 USERS

Can someone help on the subject?

If I will install the sage 50 US Edition distribution 5 users can I just restore a SAGE ACT 2011 BACK UP

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 MIGRATION TO SAGE 50 US EDITION DISTRIBUION 5 USERS

They are different products?
Act! is a CRM ... Sage 50 is an accounting product

Thanks to your prompt reply.

The only solution for me to do the migration is exporting all data's and transfer to CSV before sage 50 ?

Can you give me idea on to the the migration from ACT!2011?

Again, thank you very much.

They are different products for different tasks ... so, not all the data can be transferred

thanks again.

so how can you help with the integration fo this two softwares?

thanks so much...

Nickel Contributor

Hi DRTAN,

You could use the Act! link to sync your contacts over to Sage 50 and have them come in as Customers. You'll need to create a Customer ID for each of them during the sync, though. The other alternative would be to export out your data as a .csv and then import it into Sage 50.

As an ex-Sage 50 tech, I'll warn you that importing into Sage 50 is orders of magnitude more difficult than it is in Act!. There's no mapping fields, or anything like that... you have to have it in a specific format before you try. If you open up the Sage 50 help files and search for "field definition list" you should be able to find a breakdown of how CUSTOMER.CSV (the Customer list) needs to work. It'll explain all the fields available, the required fields, how they need to work (boolean, alphanumeric, true/false, etc), and the default order.

If you already have a Sage 50 company that has customers in it, I'd suggest exporting those out first to see what the .csv file should look like. If you don't have a live company, you can open one of the sample companies and export them out to get an idea.

I'll also warn you that Sage 50's support for importing from 3rd party programs is extremely limited. If you find the right tech they might help you, but most of them won't touch it at all other than directing you to help files and a knowledgebase article or two.
Damien Park
Swiftpage

Thanks Damien ... I know there was a link to Sage 50 UK, didn't realise there was one for the US also (really dislike that renaming by Sage).

DRTAN: Here's the link:
http://na.sage.com/sage-50-accounting-us/services/act