Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Importing Problems

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Importing Problems

Update: I merged the files in Excel, deleted all the contact records in Act except the "my record", and attempted to import the 900. Didn't work. I got the 550 only. 3 more attempts, reindexing the database after deleting all again, and the exact same result. I tried one more time converting the Excel file to tab delimited text - same result, 550 records. This is getting old. I can't use a database that can't import records.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Jill,

Can you try importing into the demo database? Does that work? If it does work, we know the problems with your database.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Apparently a solution to importing problems in ACT 2010

What a convoluted hassle? This product has been around 20 years. You would think basic functionality would be built into the product. When I think of the movie "The Social Network" and what Zuckerman created as a college programmer inside of 6 months to this, it makes you want to cry.

Highlighted

So...half a year later - anyone find a solution to this problem.  I read the thread and I'm experiencing all of the same problems.

Thanks

Highlighted

Thank you, thank you, thank you for finding a solution. The Excel open/change/resave process allowed me to move all of my contacts to the new ACT! 2011 database. I had spent about 8 hours struggling before I ran into your solution. It works.

Highlighted

I have Act! 2011 that i have a databse created in 2011 but when i try to export a lookup of just clients onlyEven in a text or excel file.. It doesnt import all contacts into the new database!!
HElP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have found that Act is a very troublesome & quirky software. If anyone knows the fix to this it wqould be greatly appreciated!
Fred O
Fred OBrien
Highlighted

Same here......
Fred OBrien
Highlighted

So what is the "Excel open/change/resave process"?? I've tried exporting a text file (tab & comma) then opening in excel, then saving, then importing back into act! with no success.
HELP!
Thanks
Fred O
Fred OBrien
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Nost likely your duplicate checking settings.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Thanks but no, i checked that. I did finally get it. I wiped out everything. went back to the original database, made a copy of it, then deleted all the files then imported a lookup into it. I don't know why it didn't work before...

Fred OBrien