Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Contact Layout Not Showing Tabs

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2011 Contact Layout Not Showing Tabs

When I opened ACT this morning only the top section of the Contacts screen is showing.  The Tabs section (History, Notes, Secondary Contacts, etc.) is not visible.  I am not aware of having made any changes and cannot locate the problem, which I have not encountered before.  Any advise is most appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rmckee47
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Contact Layout Not Showing Tabs

I've seen this happen after two changes:

1. Sometimes when people hook up external monitors that affects the resolutions, which causes issues with ACT

2. changing DPI settings - ACT only seems to work/like with the standard DPI.  If you increase the font size to see things better, you will loose the tabs, and it will also affect your ACT calendar:

Issues Using ACT! by Sage with Large or Custom Size DPI Display Settings

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Tabs Do Not Display on Contact, Company or Group Detail View

p.s. it could also be as simple as just "dragging" the tabs back up - hover your mouse over the bottom of the window and see if it changes to an up/down arrow, then try dragging that part of the window back up.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rmckee47
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

I've seen this happen after two changes:

1. Sometimes when people hook up external monitors that affects the resolutions, which causes issues with ACT

2. changing DPI settings - ACT only seems to work/like with the standard DPI.  If you increase the font size to see things better, you will loose the tabs, and it will also affect your ACT calendar:

Issues Using ACT! by Sage with Large or Custom Size DPI Display Settings

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Tabs Do Not Display on Contact, Company or Group Detail View

p.s. it could also be as simple as just "dragging" the tabs back up - hover your mouse over the bottom of the window and see if it changes to an up/down arrow, then try dragging that part of the window back up.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Richard,

Thank you.  I do use ACT on an external monitor and each day I have to drag the Tabs up from near the bottom of the screen.  Today was the first time they actually went underground.  None of the solutions worked until I reread you note for the fourth time and  hovered my mouse for the fifteenth time.  Suddenly the tops of the Tabs peeked over the line then allowed themselves to be pulled up.

Best regards,

Bob McKee

GSA Solutions

www.GSAsolutions.co