Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Beta!

ACT! 2011 Beta!

I used Sage ACT Pro 2011 successfully for a couple of years.

it was blown away n a computer meltdown. I have been trying to re install it without success.

The installation proceedure locks up and says I have a previous installation which must be removed prior to initiating the new installation. I have tried everything I know to either reactivate the old instal'n or remove it and start fresh.

Any guidence would be gratefully accepted.

Sincerely, Joel Gannotti 10_11_15

Administrator

Re: ACT! 2011 Beta!

Hi Joel,
The following Knowledgebase article describes how to completely remove Act 2011 manually:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26766

Please follow the steps before attempting to reinstall Act! 2011.

You mentioned Beta in your thread title. Do you have the full version of Act! 2011 to reinstall?
I would not recommend running a beta version of an older software release.

If you need to re-download Act! 2011, please send me a private message from my user profile with your serial number, and reply with the full download link.

I do not have an Add/Remove on my Windows 7 machine. I removed the old out of date data bases and again tried to install. Now the machine says I don't have XP service pack 3... A minimum for Sage Act Pro 2011.

JOel

Administrator

Hi Joel,
Try setting the compatibility mode on the installer file to Windows XP (Service Pack 3), or alternatively, disable it if it's already enabled.

I may just be a computer dolt. I cannot find, so far, a compatability mode area either in my computer or on the Sage ACT installation program. It is a bit embarrassing as I am a technical type and feel a bit Nonplused.

Administrator

Hi Joel,

It depends on how you have the installer, download or CD. Typically, you can open the installer folder in Windows Explorer, browse into the ACTSTD or ACTWG folder, where you should see the setup.exe file. Right click that and then enable compatibility mode as shown in the below screenshot.

2015-10-15_17-14-21.png