Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 with Office 2010

Tuned Listener

ACT 2010 with Office 2010

I'm certain this question has been asked a number of times. But when searching for it all I can find is the post that points to the KB article 26713 (Link to article).

I have several questions about ACT and Office 2010 working together.  This issue has come up 3 times now in the last week. Lots of clients are just going out and buying Office 2010 and expecting ACT 2010 to work with it. So here are my questions about the work around:

1. One of the listed items under "Does not work with Office 2010" is Microsoft Word as Word Processor. Does that mean it doesn't allow Outlook to use Word as the word processor? Or that ACT wont be able to use Word as it's word processor?

2. Do e-mail mail merges still work? And if so would the user have to use the ACT word processor to create the templates?

3. Now that we have a work around and now that ACT 2011 is out, does that mean Sage isn't going to patch ACT 2010?

I know we're all into sales but my client's who upgraded to ACT 2010 earlier this year sure are mad that they're now stuck with a 3-4 year old version of Office unless they come up with another few thousand dollars to do an ACT upgrade.

Looking forward to hearing back from anyone who might know any of the answers to the quesitons above!

Thanks!

Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 with Office 2010

Answers:

1. Outlook can use MS Word as it's editor - ACT! 2010 won't recognize MS Word as a word processor option.

2. Mail merge does work - templates will have to be created with ACT! Word Processor.

3. We have not received any word that there will be an additional patch available for ACT! 2010 to integrate with Office 2010.  (Previous posts from the Development team indicate it would take a major effort to be completely integrated)

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2010 with Office 2010

Thank you for your quick reply!

-Marshall Hayes

Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com