Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 ver. 12 and Micorsoft Word problem

ACT 2010 ver. 12 and Micorsoft Word problem

Good day. This is my first post and I hope I'm in the correct place.

I am a user of ACT 2010 and have been using Word as my default word processor. I just bought a new PC (Windows 7, same as last), loaded ACT and copied data from old PC. All seemed fine. Database was copied, docs attached etc. When I went to create a document from templates, none of my templates were there. They were created in word. In Act's settings, the Act word processor is the default word processor. MS Word is not listed to choose or set as default word processor.

I checked the Word macro security settings and all is OK. There is no disabled ACT add-in.

What am I doing wrong? Where did my templates go? Any help that can be provided would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

J. Peters

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 ver. 12 and Micorsoft Word problem

Hello JPeters,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

What is your version of Microsoft Office? 

If it is Office 2010, ACT! 2010 is not compatible with it; however...

There is a work-around to integrate ACT! 2010 with Outlook 2010 (not including Word or Excel), or a relatively inexpensive add-on is available from DesignR1 that will integrate all 3 Office programs.  Here is an article with further information and a link to DesignR1's web page: KB Article 26713

If you are running Office 2003 or 2007, was ACT! installed before Office?  If yes, uninstall ACT! > then re-install ACT! (this will allow it to enter the add-on's into the Office programs).

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT 2010 ver. 12 and Micorsoft Word problem

Greg,

I thank you profoundly for the help. My version is indeed Office 2010, 32 bit. I'll follow your suggestion and hope for the best.

J. Peters