Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 slow?

Nickel Contributor

ACT! 2010 slow?

I have not yet upgraded to 2010 (which is guess is V. 12?) I see where people are saying it's "slow". Are there any other issues with it?

Re: ACT! 2010 slow?

There has been an issue reported with highly customized layouts causing performance issues.  We are currently working on a fix and hopefully it will be released soon.

Thanks,

Slow is one thing, but I am having difficulty even using the product. More times than not, the two month calendar view and the task list at the left do not even show up.  Instead I get white space or the remains of my screen saver.  In the contact view, I also get pages that are not fully loaded, items not showing up, etc.  I have installed hotfix 3 with no resulting improvement.  I have made very minor changes to the layout (only adding about 3 or 4 fields).  Is there anything else I can try?

Platinum Elite Contributor

What are you machine specs, RAM, hard drive RPM and version of Windows?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Windows XP Home Edition, 3 year old Toshiba Laptop, 60 gig hard drive with about 11 gigs of free space, 1.66 GHz, .99 gig Ram, pretty sure its an intel duo core processor.  Everything else on the machine works great.  Also just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 which seems to be a tad bit slower but still runs well.

Copper Contributor

We have been running ACT! 2010 for a little over a month now, we upgraded from 2007. We have a extensive custom layout that has fields added often. I have been watching the speed of cleared activities and screen population slow down drastically. We have the shared database running on a Pentium Dual Core 3.4MHZ with 2GB of RAM computer running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3. I have watched as 2 users access the database at the same time and attempt to clear an activity. We are actually tapping out the processor not the memory. I guess an upgrade to a faster processor and added memory is what I HOPE will resolve some of the issues(the rest I will leave up to ACT and the documented layout issues)

Good luck to ALL ACT 2010 users, I will continue to stay positive and hopeful for a speed resolution to issues that slow down all of us "Multi-tasker's"  If it is in your budget, invest in upgrading your processor and memory. It seems like that is consensus thought out the forum community.

Thank you,
Ann
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same goes with us..

We had been extremely happy with ACT V5 for many years and then we moved on to ACT! 2010.We have customised the layouts , and God, its crawling, the screen freezes, and then this message which pops more oftenand freezes the computer " Exception of Type ' System.Out of Memory Exception. thrown' and then we have to reboot to get back to businessOur environment:Windows XP Pro 1.86 Ghz processor2GB RAM160 GB Hard diskCan someone explain whats happening here ?

<fixed formatting>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 10-28-2009 10:04 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to check the hard drive RPM. I suspect that it could be as slow as 4200 RPM which will cause poor performance. also find out if part of the main RAM is used for video RAM.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

I upgraded to 2010 and it runs fine. No problems. Just as fast (maybe faster) than my old installation of 2009. I'm glad I made the upgrade. And my Outlook integration runs much smoother with 2010.
Bronze Contributor

I'm seeing the clearing activity thing as well.  It's not everyone nor every machine.  I think it's tied to the new "send a meeting invitation" code that is part of 2010.  And, it's a very busy layout as well.  I'm trying to research it now to figure out what is going on.  I know there was a hotfix that fixed issues with lots of custom fields.  Have you installed all the recent hotfixes?
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!