Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - put contact in group twice

ACT 2010 - put contact in group twice

We are exploring ways to reduce the number of spreadsheets that we use and move that data to ACT. 

One of the things that we do often is generate invoices for a client's account. Many client's may have multiple accounts that receive a separate invoice. We created an account tab and listed all accounts for the contact's record. We then created dynamic groups and search quires that allow us to sort out these contacts who have accounts that get billed.

Here is where we run into a problem. 

When we export to excel, the contact is listed on row 1 and the accounts follow each in their own column (based on the fields we export). 

When we do a mail merge into our invoice word document the merge doesn't work correctly because each account needs its own row in the excel spreadsheet.  This allows the invoice to reference the unique account no that the client is getting billed for.

It seems to me that to fix this we will need to add a contact to a group  twice and then manually delete the account we don't want merged from excel. 

Is there anyway to do this? We are very open to other idea on how to accomplish this so please feel free to share!. Thanks. 

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - put contact in group twice

This is a perfect use of the Sales Opportunity.  Have you considered this?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I have the same problem when I try and generate a report that when using the opportunity function. 

I created a new opportunity. Added a client and added the two products that they own to the opportunity. I run a report and open in excel, the products are on the same line as the client name.  

Is there a better way to export so that the product list the client? No 2 clients will have the same product so if I could export by product than that may work. Thanks. 

Is there no good solution to this?