Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 problem

ACT 2010 problem

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with an issue.  ACT had been working fine until yesterday, until I received an error when I opened the program - Resolution of dependency failed....ACT.UI.ActApplication...

I followed the instructions on a post in the knowledebase and that enabled me to open and see my database, however, I am no not able to save; back up; or create my database.  went through every step in the actdiag settings with no success.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the ACT program two times, still no success.

I am running this on a Windows 7 platform.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 problem

Bob, have you checked ACTDIAG to see the status of the database?  You might also do the repairs while in ACTDIAG.  Go to Start and type in actdiag - then click on Databases/Database list and then right-click on your database name.  Do the check/repair, then the rebuilds.  You might also delete the preferences and detach the database as well.  Let me know if you need help.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: ACT 2010 problem

Hello and thank you for the reply.

yes, I have tried those steps.

not only can I not save or back up this database, I can not create a new one either?  nor can I save as.

thanks

Bob