Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

Is ACT! 2010 compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation?

I had someone from Microsoft on the phone for another question, so I asked him about this as well. He told me anything designed to run on Standard or Enterprise should run on Foundation. I assumed it would, but It's missing from the OS Compatibility Matrix. I thought I'd see if anyone had tried it or if I could get an official word from Sage on this.

Thanks,

BH

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation

The microsoft web page for the Foundation Server states:

Your line of business applications that are built for the Windows Server 2008 R2 family can be deployed on your server. If they have the “Certified for” or “Works with” accreditation for Windows Server 2008 R2, then they should be supported on Windows Server Foundation.

So, I would expect you are good to go...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello BH,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. We have not seen any issues running ACT! 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

In France the sage Hotline SAGE said that ACT 2010  (V12) premium will work with Windows Server 2008 Foundation.

Here i saw it WILLL not work.

Please could you tell me if it will work or not.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen a definitive answer on this subject from either sage or M$.  I can tell you from personal experience, that so far we have NOT been able to install ACT! 2010 on a Foundation Server 2008 R2.  The installations have failed 100% of the time.  Of course, typical for Sage- the failure message only states that the install failed without any reason or hint as to what may be wrong.