09-08-2009 12:28 PM
09-22-2009 03:56 AM
You'll be pleased to learn that HotFix 2 is now available!
Also, the new ACT! 2010 installation includes a slipstream upgrade feature that provides the latest updates to ACT! during setup, regardless of which install pack you use.
Having installed this hotfix on several of my machines I am pleased to report that the performance is great, AND it only patches the program and does not convert the data at all. This means less hassles for users with a lot of subscriber databases.
09-10-2009 09:52 PM - edited 09-10-2009 09:55 PM
I noticed the same thing and am very disappointed. This reminds me of when ACT 2007 came out and it was so slow, Eventually Sage got it right but it took a full year and another upgrade. If I had known ACT 2010 Premuim was going to be this slow I would have not upgraded from ACT Premuim 2009 which was fine. I am running a new Dell with quad core i7 chip and 12 gigs of memory so it is not my system that is slow. This has to be fixed!
09-11-2009 12:29 PM
UPDATE to my previous post: I spoke with an ACT Technician today (9/11/2009) and we isloated my problem to be associate with our company's custom layout. The techncian said they are aware of the issue that seems to create slow lookups when using a custom layout in ACT 2010. There is nothing wrong with our custom layout since we have been using this same layout for years. We did not have this issue when using the same layout in ACT 2009 so they are working on a fix that should be in the next update.
The work-around is to use one of the basic default layouts in ACT 2010 with your current databse until the update is released. Of course this is not the best solution for us since we have so much information that was available in our custom layout that is not available in the default layout.
Let's hope the next update fixes this and the next update comes quickly!
09-11-2009 12:40 PM
Just had 2010 installed on two machines. The lookups are unbearably slow. We too use a custom layout that we've been using for years. I doubt it is our system - should be more than enough to run this.
Also having a problem with the task list - it won't let me clear or delete some tasks.
Whole system keeps hanging up and then just stops responding.
This is almost impossible to use but I can't go back. I was forced up from Version 2007. :-( What to do?
09-11-2009 01:13 PM
Same thing here
Lookups are sloooooow
using a default layout does make a significant difference but it is still slower than ACT! 2008 that I was using and isn't a solution as we need to be able to use custom layouts
09-11-2009 01:14 PM
Apparently it has to do with having many additional fields on a layout. Do not know a specific number.
What you might be able to do as a temporary workaround until Sage gets this rectified, is to make a copy of your existing layout that is slow, and 'rip it down' - remove one of the logical groupings of custom field. If you have many fields, you likely have multiple tabs, perhaps try removing one tab's worth of fields at a time. Save that copy, test, repeat until you can get a sense of where the unbearable performance threshold lies. Once you find that, then you could split out your tabs across several custom layouts, name according to the data contained therein.
As you need to access a particular type of field group, switch layouts on the go.
Perhaps too combersome, but a possible alternative to having to live with the poor performance or roll back to older version...
09-12-2009 03:19 AM
This is TOTALLY Unacceptable and is exactly what caused me to drop act in 2007. I will be calling SAGE on Monday to request a full refund and I will stay with 2008 until SAGE gets this program ready. Custom layouts are critical and its one of the reasons we do not use goldmine. Act is so much easier to customize.
SAGE.Are you listening?
09-13-2009 04:51 PM
Unfortunately I have experienced the same slowness, and discovered the layout issue through the normal course of troubleshooting. Yes, it is hard to bear, but befoe you begin demanding your money back, let me relay some recent experience I had with Sage.
We rolled out ACT! 2010 on August 31st, and we were one of the members of the ACC community that discovered the upgrade issue what prompted Hotfix #1. When I reported our findings to Sage, one of their top level programmers exchanged no less than a dozen emails with me over that weekend before reporting a resolution to the problem on Monday, which was distributed across North America a few days later in HotFix #1.
You have a right to be pissed at the time lost to date, but if Sage's recent conduct is any indication, we'll be seeing an additional update soon. Please also remember that Beta testing is done by the ACC community in non-production environments, so it's not uncommon to discover problems when it rolls out into the real world. As a Beta tester myself, I never discovered any of the issues durng testing we later grappled with when we upgraded.
I have also read in some other blogs that some success has been experienced when you completely uninstall ACT! 2009, including SQL, before upgrading to ACT! 2010. I truthfully have not had time to test this out myself, but I will tomorrow.