Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 link to Outlook 2003

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2010 link to Outlook 2003

I run Outlook 2003 and ACT! 2010 on both my desktop and my laptop PCs. On my laptop, there is a link from Outlook to ACT!. That is, there is a button on the Outlook toolbar that, when clicked, enables me to attach an email to ACT! The button is visible within the inbox and/or in an open email.

On my desktop, the button is only available in the read mode of an email. That is, if I open an email, the button/link is available. It's not available from the inbox. How can I make the button available when I'm in the inbox?

Thank you.

Dan

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 link to Outlook 2003

It may be as simple as your Act! address book not being added to Outlook.  Here is an article with steps for troubleshooting Act! and Outlook integration: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg, thank you for the information you provided. As it turns out, the problem went away. When I booted up this morning, the link button was active regardless of where I was in Outlook. I'll save the info. You never know when I might need it.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dan

When I go into Outlook I dont see the Act database under Contacts but when I go into the Address book on the Outlook toolbar it is there. Why isnt it showing?

Copper Contributor

mapchicago, you might want to try the tip that Greg Martin gave to me, KB Article 23022 when I had the same issue. I have encountered the issue 3 or 4 times since I installed ACT! 2010. The last time it happened, the suggestions in the above KB article didn't help and the fix according to an ACT! Knowledge Base search was to uninstall ACT and reinstall it. The error I had made was to install ACT! before installing Outlook after I had to do a system restore on my PC. Outlook has to be installed first.

Uninstalling and reinstalling ACT! is ridiculously complicated in itself.  Maybe you're more advanced with ACT! than I am, but if you do have to uninstall ACT!, I encourage to you do it with help from ACT! tech support. Don't just simply uninstall and reinstall it.

Good luck.

Dan

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello MapChicago,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

When integrated, you will not see the Act! contacts listed under the Outlook Contacts section.  The integration does not populate the Outlook contacts with Act! contacts - it simply allows Outlook to access the Act! contacts through the Address Book function.

With Act! 2011 you can synchronize Act! and Outlook which will populate the Outlook Contacts with Act! contacts and Act! with Outlook contacts (depending on settings chosen).

Greg Martin
Sage