Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 last hotfix created issues

ACT 2010 last hotfix created issues

Hi

I recently updated to SP1 Hotfix 4 UK.  Before I get to the issues this has subsequently caused, could somebody at Sage take a look at why it seems to be so difficult to find the latest hotfixes online and why the update function within ACT always thinks it's the latest version.

I've just had to reinstall ACT for the upteenth time and it's a minefield trying to use the KB to find the right update.  If you install from the main ACT installation file, do you just go straight to SP1 HF4, or do you have to install SP1 HF1 first and then SP1 HF4?  I get it that the latest hotfix replaces the subsequent versions, but if I do try and install straight to HF4 from the bare installation it won't work.  I have to do SP1 HF1, then SP1 HF4.  And I have to make sure that I have the UK versions etc etc.  Surely there should just be a dedicated downloads area like you have at Cisco, with a tree for each product with branchs for each HF / update.  They could also have a banner at the top of the forum detailing what the latest HF version is ie ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 4 English (United Kingdom) or what ever.  On that note is that even the right version?

So that's one issue. 

The next issue us that I have upgraded to HF4, and to be honest I don't know how long this has been like it because I had to rebuild the whole database from HF2 to HF3 because there was a schema error and being in the Financial Services I didn't fancy sending my DB to the US to have it rebuilt so I just did it all myself, redrew my templates, reentered all the fields, then exported to csv and then back in again but lost all of my activities etc.  Bloody nightmare.  Anyway, the cities have changed to Brazil and the telephone number keeps defaulting to Jamaica!  What the hell is that about?

Also, if I have ACT running with the windows seperated so I can cascade/tile, after I create a new contact and then an opportunity from within that contact for the first time, the next time I create a new contact and then opportunity, the opportunity is not attached to that contact?  It doesn't do it if you have one single page in operation.

I've had this piece of software since early 2009, it was actually a 2009 edition, but got blagged into buying ACT support and a free upgrade to 2010, and I've just been sitting on it because of all of the things that are missing/wrong with it.  I have tried so many times to get it running with Outlook 2003, which it slows down the PC considerably then crashes, and the PC is well above spec before anyone quotes RAM etc and the only way to get rid of the plugin is to uninstall ACT altogether.  Hence so many installs.

So I've got this crazy piece of software somewhere close to running but after my rant- really after some answers to the following questions:

1.  Which HF version code should I be on?

2.  Why doesn't ACT work correctly when its not in single view mode?

3.  Why is the phone number defaulting to Jamaica?

4.  Why is the cities in Brazil?  (the region field 'land' is present and not the UK 'county' field

Any help would be very appreciated.

Mark

Re: ACT 2010 last hotfix created issues

bump

Re: ACT 2010 last hotfix created issues