Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 email template

ACT 2010 email template

When I create an email in ACT 2010 (Write-Email Message), ACT brings up an Outlook window and it all works fine.  When I attempt to create an email using a template (Write-Email Message (from template), I briefly see an Outlook window launch then disappear.  Any ideas?

Re: ACT 2010 email template

Has it worked before ?

We're new to ACT and ACT 2010. We've not tried to use the email template before.
Employee

It should be bringing up an Open File Dialog where you choose the template you'd like to create the email from. Make sure you have access to the databases supplemental file folder.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hmmm. It always allowed me to choose and open a template file. It was after that it failed. Oddly, today it is now working. Formatting is not good and the inserted graphics are missing. On to the next stage of troubleshooting ...
Tuned Listener

Hi

I discoverd this behavior if I use my own record (the contact displayed right after lgging in) to create the email from a template. If I move to somone else in the contact list its working as expected.

I don't know if this is intended to be like this.

Reto

Reto Scherrer
Ambit AG
Switzerland

Back to not working again. Last time I tested using another "User" and it worked fine. As soon as I attempt to email to someone outside our company it fails.
GMH

I am using Outlook 2007 and Act 2010...I have a company set up with two contacts and cannot seem to get it to write email template to both contacts.

It will send an email to both contacts when I select email but not when I select the email template.

I am sending it from the company with both contacts highlighted.

I am perplexed

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello GMH,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. If you select multiple contacts, then choose to use an email template, it will actually perform a quick email merge instead of bringing up a new message screen. If you look in the Sent Items folder in Outlook, do you see that the messages you sent using the template are there?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

GMH

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have selected the contacts for the particular company by highlighting them in the contacts tab in the lower right window of the company window.

I then select write email template, choose the template, and it does the mail merge, and then opens into a email window with only the last contact listed in the "to:" field. I then have to click on "to:" to add the other contacts. Once sent the email ends up in the sent folder in Outlook.

It does not do this when I select "write email". It list all the highlighted contacts.