Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 doesn't clear activities on task list

ACT 2010 doesn't clear activities on task list

I use Act 2010.  When I clear an activity from the task list the contact record clears the activity, but it remains in the task list like an open activity until I close and re open ACT.  HELP this is driving me nuts!

I have tried doing DB maintenance but nothing changes.  I also re did preferences in case something was corrupted there.  Can't find anything on this anywhere on the boards.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 doesn't clear activities on task list

Have you tried doing a refresh (F5)?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

yes... refresh doesn't effect the result... activity is still there as not cleared even though the contact record shows it cleared

[ Edited ]

Hello ddahlen,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I have some questions regarding your issue:
- What operating system is your computer using?
- Under Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Scheduling > Scheduling Preferences, do have your option for "When clearing activities" as Strikeout or Grey?
- In your Task List, under the Options for the list, do you have the option checked to Show Cleared?
- Is your database local to your machine or shared by others users? If shared, do other users have the same issue?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the welcome

OS is windows 7

Activites are set to strike out

In the task list i have chosen not to show cleared activities

We share the database across 2 machines and use the sync function to keep things in order.  We both have the same issue so I suspect some type of corruption that is keeping the Task List part of the database to update properly.

Thanks,

Doug

If you double-click the activity in the task list (after you have cleared it an it remains there), does it allow you to access and edit the activity? If you click the check box at the beginning of the activity, does it allow you clear it (again) or bring up a message that says the activity is already clear?

I'm trying to determine if this is a program issue, data issue, or perhaps an issue with your display settings or ACT! preferences file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If you click on hte check box or double click on the activity it brings up the activity again so that you can clear it again.  If you click on the contact it takes you to the contact record where the activity shows up as cleared.

It never says the activity has been cleared.  I believe this is a program, not a UI issue.  I am a long time ACT user (as far back as 1.0) so I am pretty familiar with settings etc.

Thanks

Doug