Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - can't use the Export to Excel function

Avid Listener

ACT 2010 - can't use the Export to Excel function

Using ACT 2010 Std.  Bought a new laptop that had a trial version of Office 2010.  Instead of using that, I installed Office 2003 AFTER I installed ACT, and then uninstalled Office 2010 (I think).  Since then, my Export to Excel feature doesn't work.  Gives me the following error:

Unable to cast COM object of type

'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type.

'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'.  This operation failed

because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the

interface with IID failed due to the following error:  Library  not registered.

(Exception from HRESULT.....)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACT with no difference in results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a feature that I must have.

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - can't use the Export to Excel function

Sounds like there may be a conflict with your office versions.  I'd uninstall both versions of office and reinsatll Office 2003 or 2007.  ACT 2010 will not work with Office 2010

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I have a new computer with Microsoft Office 2010 and installed Act 2010.  The excel Icon to "export file to excel" feature will not work when I drag over it.  From your post below are you confirming that Office 2010 and ACT 2010 will not work together and I should stop trying to research and figure out a solution on the web forums?

Thanks for any input you have Jon.

Josh

And this is why people hate Act.  Its going on 2012, and ACT 2010 can't work with Office 2010?  Can someone tell me what is wrong with this picture?  You would think Sage would have the resources to keep their product working with current versions of office.  It is absolutely appalling that Sage can't get their ACT together.  Never could.

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2011 supports Office 2010. Office 2010 was released over 6-months after ACT! 2010 was released and it made significant changes to how external programs accessed it that required significant modification to the ACT! program. Those changes were incorporated in ACT! 2011.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That does not explain why 2008 or 2010 could not be patched with a maintenance release.  The solution is always, buy the upgrade buy the upgrade.  Send more $$$ and we will make it work.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a third party plug-in to link ACT! 2010 to Office 2010. Here is the link.

http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

This DesignR1 patch (ACTWord 2010Setup-1.0.3.msi) really works! I downloaded it yesterday to solve my  headache of trying to get ACT 2010 to "see" Outlook 2010 so I could email from ACT, so finally my email is working. The software forced ACT to recognize Outlook, Word and Excel 2010. I didn't even know about the "export to Excel" feature until I read your post, but just tried it and it worked.  Being able to use Word as the ACT word processor is a waste of time, however: unlike the ACT onboard word processor, after writing a letter with Word you do NOT have the choice of saving it as history with the contact (at least that I can discover). That negates the concept.  I sent an email to DesignR1 support about this but have not heard back yet.  A word of warning: follow the instructions for both installing and registering...be logged on as Admin AND turn off the UAC. Now I hope that they have a fix for ACTs obstinate refusal to recognize that I have both FaxTalk and FaxAdmin properly installed and working.

Good luck.

Bronze Contributor

[ Edited ]

yeh, Microsoft changed Excel 2010 so much that my Mind Manager continued to work with the Excel 2010, so did my QuickBooks Online Edition to Excel 2010.  As a matter of fact, ACT! was the only program that didn't.

It was so changed that Designr1 had their addon out in a week.

[Edit: Content removed - inappropriate]

Signature