Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 and Email Quick Attach

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2010 and Email Quick Attach

I am having a problem. My email messages are not attaching to the contact. In the DEFAULT Database it's showing an old remote database and not the new one. So to clarify, it is using "oldremote" as opposed to "newremote" When I open act I log onto "newremote" (VPN and Sync) How do I get the attach emails to work. I have tons of emails pending to be attached. Thank you
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 and Email Quick Attach

Have you retried to setup eMail under Tools>Preferences, and specify the "newremote". If it's showing "oldremote", then you need to point it to the new one. Also, just to be safe, check this in Outlook as well through the Address Book tab under Options/Accounts, or wherever it is in your version...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

ok, so I re-setup ACT email. How do I check it in outlook? You lost me there. Go to options and then what? (outlook 2007...I downgraded as outlook 2010 isn't supported Smiley Sad )
Nickel Elite Contributor

OK, in Outlook, go to Tools>Account Settings, and the far right tab is Address Books. ACT! Address Book should be an entry. If not, click New, then Additional Address Book and add the ACT! one.

Note: another indicator that the ACT/Outlook integration is working is the ACT! icons on an Outlook toolbar - no Quick Attach icon means the Address Book is most likely not setup.
Richard Brust
Nickel Elite Contributor

one more thing, even if the ACT! Address Book is setup, check the settings to ensure it's the "correct" AB, not your oldremote...
Richard Brust