Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Windows 7

ACT 2010 Windows 7

I am using a 30 day trial download of ACT 2010 for my Windows 7 computer. I converted an ACT 6.0 database to ACT 2010. There are only 2 layouts available and no colors for the background of the Contacts Detailed view. Is this just in the demo or is the full version the same? If anyone knows I would appreciate  a response.

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Windows 7

The demo version is the full version with atime limit. You have the option of converting your ACT! 6 layouts of designing new ones.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

How do you convert to ACt 6.0 layouts? This came with only 2 layourts. Thank you.

I found the conversion tool but it will not open the old database. Any ideas?? Thank you.

In ACT! 6 the l;ayouts weren't part of the database, they were in a folder common to all databases.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the information but I can't find how to import the ACT 6.0 layouts. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

There are too many variables to offer any meaningfull suggestions. They may have been included in the backup or they may still be on the ole system and subject to the configuration of that system.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks again. I may repost this question or look for an answer online. I see all the previous versions folders but can't open them up. I'm guessing the folder is called layouts.

Champion Listener

This knowledgebase article may be able to assist you in converting your layouts.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26752/kw/converting%20act%206.0%20layouts

Sean Anderson
Customer Support Supervisor, Sage ACT!
Copper Contributor

try searching your drive for "*.cly".  you should see it(them).  i always kept mine in  the data directory for easy back up.