Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010, Vista and Microsoft Outlook 2007

ACT! 2010, Vista and Microsoft Outlook 2007

I just upgraded from ACT! 2009 to ACT! 2010.  The install and upgrade to the database worked perfectly.   Prior to installing 2010 version of ACT, my Outlook email on my laptop was working and the history on ACT 2009 was recording the emails being sent to my contacts as it should.

Since installing ACT! 2010, I now have a major issue.  My Outlook 2007 email profile on my laptop is now completely unaccessible and I cannot send emails through ACT.   However, I am still able to send and receive emails from my Outlook email via my blackberry and I can also access it 100% online directly on Hotmail.  

I tried to do a calendar sync from ACT! 2010 to Outlook just after I installed it and I recall it asking what profile to use - I chose "Outlook" which was the only one available to choose.   The integration seemed to work.

But, when I opened Outlook to see if it worked, I received an error message saying the `profile was not found``.

When I try to send an email from ACT or do a calendar sync, even with the email preferences set up correctly, I receive an error messages saying ``Operation Failed``.

I need to get my Outlook profile back and working.   This is my home business email.

Thanks.

Re: ACT! 2010, Vista and Microsoft Outlook 2007

As a follow up to my posting, I was able to resolve the Outlook issue with the help of ACT!'s Customer Service department.   While I wasn't impresssed with having to wait 45 minutes on hold before even getting to speak to a "live" CS agent (and the music on hold was awful!) - it was well worth the wait considering it was a simple case of removing the ACT! 2010 add-ins in Outlook.   (Trust Center, Add in's, etc.).

As soon as we removed the ACT! Add-in's from Outlook, we closed Outlook, restarted it and everything was back to normal!!!

The calendars are syncing perfectly, I can view all my Outlook 2007 emails, calendars from my laptop and there appears to be no further issues to report.

I hope that the product development team at ACT! looks into this issue further as I'm sure it is something that could be avoided for the next version.

Thanks!

Re: ACT! 2010, Vista and Microsoft Outlook 2007

My friend told me about his problem,as he said once all his mails were corrupted. He didn't know what to do next,but he accidentally entered in the Google and noticed there - pst 2007 repair. The software solved his problem for seconds and absolutely free as far as he remember. Moreover I used this tool and it helped me too. I am glad to work with it.