Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Version - Cannot see email attachments

ACT 2010 Version - Cannot see email attachments

I have had a persistant problem with version 2009 and 2010 about receiving email attachments from other people and being able to see the paperclip showing an attachment, but you cannot actually see the attachment in the email. I am using the latest version of 2010, Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.  It is very hit or miss, sometimes I cannot open PDF files that I receive because they are not included with the email. Other times, a PDF file will come thru with no problems. Other files will have the same problem. Usually I have to have someone zip up the file first so I can see it on my end to open it. Any thoughts on this problem? Is this an ACT issue or an email server issue? I do not use outlook for email, I like the setup that ACT has for their email program and the only issues have been receiving files that are not available for me to open in an email.

Thanks,

John

Re: ACT 2010 Version - Cannot see email attachments

ACT 2010 user.  I have encountered the same problem in the last 3 weeks.  Not only can I not view attachments on my ACT e-mail client, my receipts do not receive any attachments sent by me.  Is there a solution to this problem?  Has it been posted elsewhere in the community?  Thanks.

I´m also having the same problem, i concurrently use ACT e mail and now almost all attachments to email I received are missing I really need help

Loyal Listener

I have the same problem, and have posted before, with no result.  I am using ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3.  I am not using Outlook at all, just the Act email client.  I don't know if I've had problems sending attachments, since I don't send many. 

Receiving attachments is very erratic.  Sometimes I've gotten nothing, sometimes I see the paperclip and a filename, but Act and Windows can't find the file, other times it has worked fine.  Very frustrating.

Unfortunately I never received a fix for this issue.  What eventually happened was my office switched to a local email server that pretty much forced me to use Microsoft Outlook exclusively.  But, when I did switch to Outlook 2003 for my email, I am still able to save my email histories to ACT and keep track of things that way.  When I need to type a new name for an email, Outlook brings up my ACT database of clients so I can choose the names to send emails to.  I also have not had any problems with seeing attachments now that I am using Outlook and not the email program within ACT.

I noticed in an email yesterday that ACT 2011 has better integration and synchronization with Outlook than in previous releases.

John

Such problems for me isn't unusual, because of I work with outlook emails very often on my work. Fortunately I noticed a good tool - outlook problem cannot view emails. It helped me quite easy and within the scope of minutes. Above I learnt some interesting probabilities this application. Perhaps in like situation it will be useful...

I guess I am having kind of the same issue.  I have never figured out how to  ...a) show the email attacment file name in the email header, ..and ...b) open the email without having to save it to a folder first.  It's a big pain to always have to go through that.

Any suggestions from the group ?

HA !!  ...just figured it out on my own.  Open email, click on view, click on message header.  The attachment will appear and I can simply double click on it to open it.   (lol....what a moron I am)