Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 Template Trouble - IMPOSSIBLE?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2010 Template Trouble - IMPOSSIBLE?

I have made several custom templates for ACT! including sales forms and different types of e-mail correspondence that we frequently do. I just saved some of the default templates "as" with changes to accommodate what we do and left them in the same folder ("Templates").

We are running standard ACT! 2010 on three computers. Two computers (including the one that holds the database) run Windows 7 and the other runs Windows Vista. Soon after we installed ACT! 2010 (about 60 days ago), the work station running Vista only showed that the default templates were available. I could not get it to show the custom templates--just the default ones that come with the software. All computers show that they are accessing the same folder -- labeled "Templates"--the mapping all agrees. The other two computers were showing the custom templates.

So I just forgot about it since that work station wasn't used much for sending e-mails. Today I started messing around with the ACT! Dashboard and updating won opportunites. After I was done, MY computer stopped showing the custom templates in the same way the other one had. Now only 1 of 3 computers shows the custom templates.

Suggestions? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Template Trouble - IMPOSSIBLE?

Never mind--I figured it out.

I have always been using the ACT! word processor. Today I clicked on the option to use Microsoft Office 2007 as the processor. When I changed it back the problem went away. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Template Trouble - IMPOSSIBLE?

Never mind--I figured it out.

I have always been using the ACT! word processor. Today I clicked on the option to use Microsoft Office 2007 as the processor. When I changed it back the problem went away.