Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - Report Designs - Adding "E-Mail" as a type to 'Activites Report'

ACT 2010 - Report Designs - Adding "E-Mail" as a type to 'Activites Report'

Is it possible to add the Date/Time Stamp of an email and "E-Mail" as a type to the Activities Report?

In addition to seeing the Types - Call, Todo, Meeting, it would be nice to see 'E-Mail' as a type of contact method and the date/time.  I don't need the email address just the fact that an email was sent.

Many thanks,

Sam Freeman

Freeman's - Auctioneers & Appraisers since 1805

sfreeman@freemansauction.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Report Designs - Adding "E-Mail" as a type to 'Activites Report'

You are referring to an Activities report but the message sounds like you really mean a history report. Can you be more specific?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT 2010 - Report Designs - Adding "E-Mail" as a type to 'Activites Report'

This may be a solution...I did not realize the History Reports captured this detail...however, when running the report, I noted that it does include the actual email text...which extends the length of the report and is not necessary for my purposes.  Is it possible to just have the type without the email text?  I suspect this is a simple matter of eliminating the field from the report...I willl look in to that.

I am now beginning to understand (lightbulb) the differences between the various reports...

For now, I think I can piece together a solution.  Thanks for your note and sorry for the bother.

With kind regards,

Sam Freeman

sfreeman@freemansauction.com