Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Remote Database Creation error - fails at end

Copper Contributor

ACT 2010 Remote Database Creation error - fails at end

I an getting an error at the end of remote database creation on new Windows 7 ACT 2010 install. Added files in answer ID 26076. I noticed a text file with almost exactly the same language I copied below from a 2010 post:

I tried to repair the schema too - did not work.

HELP

Alan Brown

"not sure if relevant but a file created (2010_pmt_ActObjectCreationResults.txt)  I presume when the remote db was created has:

The number of orphaned users fixed by updating users was 0. The number of orphaned users fixed by adding new logins and then updating users was 0.  --- several of these *** Setting rights on procedures... *** Setting rights on tables and views... Cannot add rows to sys.sql_dependencies for the stored procedure because it depends on the missing table 'dbo.PRC_UPD_USER_COLUMNACCESS'. The stored procedure will still be created; however, it cannot be successfully executed until the table exists. Cannot add rows to sys.sql_dependencies for the stored procedure because it depends on the missing table 'dbo.PRC_UPD_USER_COLUMNACCESS'. The stored procedure will still be created; however, it cannot be successfully executed until the table exists."

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Remote Database Creation error - fails at end

How big is your database .ADF file?

Do you have enough space on your Windows 7 machine that is presumably housing the main database and where you are creating your remote database?

Just a few questions to start the troubleshooting.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Copper Contributor

Database size appears to be around 233

The Windows machine is now, with a 500GB empty hard drive. That is not the problem

the object 'dbo.PRC_UPD_USER_COLUMNACCESS' is missing.

that appears to be the error message.

The error occurs right at the end of the process, during "packaging"

Copper Elite Contributor

Sometimes this happens if the database has reached it's maximum size (4 gig for a SQL Express)...which is why I asked for size.  Also - wanted to be sure you were creating the remote on the same machine the main database was located. 

One thing you could try (it sounds silly but it's worth a shot).

Close ACT!

Right-click on the ACT! icon and choose to Run as Adminstrator

Click on Help/About - once opened click on Database Information - then click Ok, then ok again

Try creating the remote database again

What are your settings when creating? (ie sync set, users having access, etc)?

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com