Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Mail Merge Failure

ACT 2010 Mail Merge Failure

Windows 7, Outlook 2007, ACT 2010 vers. 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1.  When I try to mail merge it takes a very long time for the window "merging file" to complete but when it does no email is placed in Outlook outbox.  Most of the time there is no error message but there has been a "MFC App failure"  I stopped the print spooler as described in previous comments but that did not fix the problem.  I'm thinking that Windows has updated either 7 or Outlook and that has caused the failure.  What can I do to get my mail merge working again.  ACT becomes pretty useless without the mail merge feature.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Mail Merge Failure

Hello Cdrjay,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Since this is a Windows 7 os and stopping the print spooler did not resolve it, try using the 'run as administrator' option to launch Sage ACT!.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > test.

Greg Martin
Sage

OK, I ran as administrator and that made no difference.  Should I stop the print spooler again now that I selected run as administrator??

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Has this ever worked before? Do you have User Access Control {UAC} disabled? If not follow the link below to disable UAC and try again.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25892/kw/UAC

Larry Yates

Yea!!!  It worked by disabling the UAC.  thanks for your help.

Tuned Listener

Great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Larry Yates