Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Lookup by example

ACT 2010 Lookup by example

I'm having a very strange problem with ACT 2010.

When I perform a lookup by example the result is that "No contacts were found..." even though there are results that will meet the search criteria.

When I convert the blank lookup by example (i.e. no citeria entered) to an advanced query I see that there is already an entry searching for private contacts.

Has anyone else encountered this or knows why this is happening?

Dwayne

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Lookup by example

I just tried what I believe you described and didn't have a problem. 
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just ran into the same issue. I have check boxes on my Layout and when I go into Lookup By Example all the boxes are checked. I uncheck all of them and I still get No contacts were found that meet the specific criteria.  This is the first time I have attempted this after upgrading to 2010.

ADDED NOTE - When I click on the Clear button, it fills out a random name and address in the fields. I am not sure what is going on...

Message Edited by annimont on 10-20-2009 10:21 AM
Thank you,
Ann

I found the solution or at least a work around.

Remove the checkbox field from the layout. In my case it was the Public/Private checkbox which we do not need to see.

Lookup by example works as it should now. 

I will attempt to put the field back in the layout to see if the problem re-occurs, as I can see the potential dilema if this was a field that we actually wanted to see/search.

Copper Contributor

I have a client with the same problem.  Lookup by Example returns no records.  This database / layout has over 100 user defined fields, but no checkbox fields.  

Any update on this issue?

Thanks - Mike 

Michael Johnson
First Plan
ACT Certified Consultant
ACT Premiere Trainer
503-221-2020
www.firstplan.com

I just upgraded to ACT! 2010. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64bit.  After backingup and converting the database I opened it in ACT!2010.  Look up by example errors out with "No contacts were found that meet the specified criteria". Advanced Query works fine, however. Also, with the look up by example window open, hitting the clear button will populate random feilds with random data.
Bronze Super Contributor

You might want to look at this KB article to see if it applies:  http://bit.ly/8Xk6hT