ACT 2010 - Issues! Customize Menu and Toolbars

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2010 - Issues! Customize Menu and Toolbars

ACT! 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 3

When I am on Contacts Detail View and click on

Tools | Customize | Menus and Toolbar

Act will change the view to Groups...I have to get out and try it about 3 or 4 more times. I have been dealing with this since the upgrade to 2010.

Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts, I miss my customized toolbar! Yes I do have Select Layout on the Toolbar.

Thank you,
Ann

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author annimont
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Issues! Customize Menu and Toolbars

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. We will provide an update as more information becomes available.

In working with this issue, I have only been able to duplicate after changing from the Contact Detail View to another view while working in ACT!. If you close your database (File/Close) and reopen it, then go up to Tool/Customize/Menus & Toolbars option before changing out of the Contact Detail View, this issue should not occur. You will need to make sure that your default startup view is "Contacts". This can be set by going to Tools/Preferences, clicking the Startup tab and setting the value for "Startup view".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author annimont
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. We will provide an update as more information becomes available.

In working with this issue, I have only been able to duplicate after changing from the Contact Detail View to another view while working in ACT!. If you close your database (File/Close) and reopen it, then go up to Tool/Customize/Menus & Toolbars option before changing out of the Contact Detail View, this issue should not occur. You will need to make sure that your default startup view is "Contacts". This can be set by going to Tools/Preferences, clicking the Startup tab and setting the value for "Startup view".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

This problem is not fixed.

Act 2010 v. 12.0.1.181 hotfix 1. -Windows 7
Copper Contributor

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

One year has past and still no solution other than get out of the database and go back in....

The post should NOT be checked off as resolved. Getting out of the programs and going back in IS NOT a resolution!

It is a BUG in the program and it needs to be fixed, a work around is fine for a short amount of time but one year.

I can't imagine Sage only employing one programmer who sits in a dark hole by himself. 

Here is a tip, have them try to customize the menu or toolbar and see how long it takes them to get frustrated and be told to get out and go back in.

Thank you,
Ann
Copper Super Contributor

Getting out and in somehow reset the memory. I got issue with 2010 that overflow the memory at time. It just keep taking more and more memory at the point that you have to close - open.

Bronze Super Contributor

I've found that by ticking Open in new window

ACT! | Tools | Preferences | Startup | Open each view in its own window

it will then allow you to customise the menu bars correctly.

Once customised then untick it.

Ben.

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks ben. that is quite a excellent workaround.

In repsonse to post 6.  Nice catch and thanks for posting.  This really speeds up the search process