Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 Internet Sync on Windows Server 2008 x64

ACT! 2010 Internet Sync on Windows Server 2008 x64

The other day we were upgrading a few of our servers to support some new software and one happened to be the server with ACT! 2010 on it. I went through the whole process that ACT! Knowledge Base outlined for installing on a 64 bit OS and also on how to install on Windows Server 2008. Everything went just fine with the installation and opened perfectly but it was the internet sync that I couldn't figure out.

I installed the internet sync and it appeared to install correctly. I then went to configure the syncconfigfile.xml only to find that there was no All Users folder at all and it had been replaced by ProgramData. So I went into the ProgramData folder and opened ACT! for Windows 12 and inside this was only 1 files called RegistrationData.xml

I know that in previous versions on other systems this folder usually contained several files pertaining to Internet Sync and things and there was always a syncconfigfile.xml

I need to know how to change this so that I can once again get Internet Sync working agian.

Thanks in advance for all the help. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Internet Sync on Windows Server 2008 x64

I think I just faced this last week and I only saw the single file until I did a basic config of ACT! Scheduler and started the service, and then the other files appeared?  Can't swear to that but it's worth a try.
Signature
Bronze Contributor

I don't think I explained that well - after starting the sync service itself, I think the add'l files appeared.  It's all very hazy.
Signature

Thanks for the quick reply but I am still not seeing the files or anything after doing a couple things.

I went ahead and uninstalled and then reinstalled the internet sync service to see if that would change things, I also went ahead and installed the network sync service, set it up and started it and I also put some items in scheduler and made sure it was running all to no avail.

Any other suggestions on what I should try to get the internet sync working?