Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Installation

ACT 2010 Installation

I recently purchased a single user version of ACT.

I installed it and input a couple of contacts.

Next time I red to open it an error message regarding licensing information came up. So I unistalled (from ACT) and cannot now reinstall.

Error message is now

"

ACT has detected an ACT7 instance that could not be connected successfully. Either you have entered incorrect password or SQL service may not be running. The installation cannot continue at this time. Please run installer again and provide a valid password or make sure that SQL(ACT7) instance s running and then continue installation."

I have reinstalled SQL as per the ACT website, but it tells me that ACT7 is already active.

The new ACT installation gives me no opportunity to input the password.

Any ideas how to solve this?? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Installation

Hello,

Please use the following steps to attempt to correct this issue:

1. Click OK to stop the installation.
  2. Click Start and select Run.
  3. The Run dialog box appears, in the Open field type services.msc.
  4. When the Local Services console appears, locate the SQL Server (ACT7) service, right-click on it, and select Restart.
  5. The Services Control dialog box will appear to start the service and to stop the service. When the dialog box closes, close the Services Windows
  6. Install ACT!.

If you are still experiencing the error message, please reboot the computer and then install ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.