Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Inability to Print Labels

ACT 2010 Inability to Print Labels

I paid $45 for technical assistance under Ver 11 to resolve an inability to print envelopes from ACT 2009 only to be told that because I was using Windows 7, that 2009 version of ACT was incompatible and that I needed to upgrade to 2010 for an additional $169.00. Ok, same story I've been given the past 3 upgrades, but I have to have this functionality to send out our 2009 xmas cards to our clients. So I trusted you guys again, paying for the upgrade and downloading and installing the newest 100% compatible 2010 version of ACT. I went into the print options (of course after hours by the time I was able to install and work on this) *Remember ACT is supposed to make running my business easier mind you..., and I still have the same issue I had with the 2009 version, the only difference is I'm out an additional $169 for nothing. So, here I am on Saturday with time alloted to send these xmas cards out and I can't get the **bleep** program to work. I will be calling your support line on Monday am (when I should be tending to running my business, not fixing ACT) to get this fixed. If I can't print from this version of ACT, I'll be reverting to 2009 version of ACT and asking for a full refund. Just thought you might want to have a little feedback on how my experience continues to be working with ACT...just another customer waiting for a different software manufacturer to come out with an ACT-like product so I can switch... 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 Inability to Print Labels

GerrodWalker wrote:

I paid $45 for technical assistance under Ver 11 to resolve an inability to print envelopes from ACT 2009 only to be told that because I was using Windows 7, that 2009 version of ACT was incompatible and that I needed to upgrade to 2010 for an additional $169.00. Ok, same story I've been given the past 3 upgrades, but I have to have this functionality to send out our 2009 xmas cards to our clients. So I trusted you guys again, paying for the upgrade and downloading and installing the newest 100% compatible 2010 version of ACT. I went into the print options (of course after hours by the time I was able to install and work on this) *Remember ACT is supposed to make running my business easier mind you..., and I still have the same issue I had with the 2009 version, the only difference is I'm out an additional $169 for nothing. So, here I am on Saturday with time alloted to send these xmas cards out and I can't get the **bleep** program to work. I will be calling your support line on Monday am (when I should be tending to running my business, not fixing ACT) to get this fixed. If I can't print from this version of ACT, I'll be reverting to 2009 version of ACT and asking for a full refund. Just thought you might want to have a little feedback on how my experience continues to be working with ACT...just another customer waiting for a different software manufacturer to come out with an ACT-like product so I can switch... 

What is the problem you're having printing envelopes?
 By the way. unless you have a backup of the ACT! 2009 database to restore, you don't what to return the ACT! program. The database can't be saved to a previous version. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129