06-26-2012 05:59 AM
I have two issues going on right now:
1) Unable to import from Excel (converted to CSV) from my database. It goes through the whole process of importing and staus bar appears to complete. I don't get an error message, but after the import is 'complete,' the new records are not there. This issue does not exist when I log into a different users database.
2) Similar issue with attaching an email from Outlook. Everything appears to be working but once 'attached,' the history has no new entry. I saw another post in the community suggesting to visit the history queue and remove any files (there were several). This worked for a few hours but the next day the same issues were occuring and was unable to attach emails even after removing the files in the history queue.
Posted these together because I thought they may be related. Considering a re-install, but thought I would check to see if there was any previous situations like this and whether or not a reinstall is a valid solution.
Thanks for your assistance!
06-26-2012 08:26 AM
Duplicate checking settings?
06-26-2012 08:34 AM
06-26-2012 08:35 AM
Originally had the ability to import without issues, and nothing has changed so I imagine it is enabled?? I am unable to view/modify the Duplicate checker settings but it did work originally.
06-26-2012 08:38 AM
The emails I'm trying to attach are from outlook. I checked task manager initially and it was running... that was when I discovered the full history queue.
Now that I checked again today, it is not running... how do I manually start this, and why would the process stop?
06-26-2012 08:47 AM
You can start the service by going to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows folder, locate 'Act.Outlook.Service.exe' and double click on it.
Check the startup status of the process using the instructions in the following article: KB Article 19948
06-26-2012 08:54 AM
Thank you. That appeared to resolve issue #2. I apologize for not double checking the ACT.Outlook.Service.exe after the emails failed to work the second time around.
06-26-2012 04:08 PM
To add my two cents here,
I have a client yesterday (ACT! 2010 Premium), she has regularly imported information into ACT!. That stopped working for her yesterday. No updates to ACT! where done prior to this stopping.
I've spent time working on this, I've tried all the usual suspects like duplicate settings, the importing of the contact field into another field, I created a two line .csv (headers on first line, Jane Doe's details on the second - making sure she didn't exist in the DB to start with). But no joy. It's seemingly 'just stopped'.
Given the importance, I discussed with the client and she has decided to purchase OAKMerge!, which works across multiple versions of ACT! and has ALWAYS worked for doing imports (I use it the Pro version myself to import activities/histories/notes etc).
Gotta say, I'm disappointed but no longer suprised that importing is flakey in ACT!.