Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 Import Opportunities Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2010 Import Opportunities Problem

I am trying to import Opportunities from one Act database to another.  The import process runs OK, and most of the information is transferred, I but am loosing the "Process" and "Stage" information.  The "Process" is being reset to the first process that I have setup, and the "Stage" information is being reset to step number one. 

I have verified that all of the opportunity processes and steps are the same in both databases.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2010 Import Opportunities Problem

Figured it out.

When we upgraded from Act 2008 to Act 2010 the entries in the "Product List" table did not migrate correctly.  After upgrading from Act 2008 to 2010 I have rows in the Act table tbl_productservice but no rows in the Act table tbl_product.  When I try and export the opportunities to a clean Act database I end up with zero rows in both tables and the missing "Process" and "Stage" information in the opportunities table.

My workaround is to merge the opportunity information, but take the "Do not add" option for "Products/Services" in the "Opportunity Merge Options" window.  This loads the opportunities with the correct "Process" and "Stage" information but omits the product information.  This is something that we are OK with.

Thanks for all of your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tuned Listener

Couple of questions:

Is the destination database empty to start with? If so, try recreating the database by making an empty copy of teh source database.

If not, does the destination database already have Opportunities? If yes, check letter by letter that all "Process" and "Stage" information is exactly the same.

If not, export the "Process" and "Stage" information to a text file from the source database, and import into the destination database and try again.

Also, are the two database exactly the same version and update number?

Tuned Listener

My answers are .in blue 

Couple of questions:

Is the destination database empty to start with? If so, try recreating the database by making an empty copy of teh source database.

-- The destination database is a new 2010 database.  The source database was an upgraded database from Act 2008. 

If not, does the destination database already have Opportunities? If yes, check letter by letter that all "Process" and "Stage" information is exactly the same.

-- The "Process" and "Stage" information is the same in both databases

If not, export the "Process" and "Stage" information to a text file from the source database, and import into the destination database and try again.

-- I loaded the "Process" and "Stage" information using these steps

Also, are the two database exactly the same version and update number?

-- Yes.  The source database was upgraded from Act 2008, while the destination DB is a brand new Act 2010 DB.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Figured it out.

When we upgraded from Act 2008 to Act 2010 the entries in the "Product List" table did not migrate correctly.  After upgrading from Act 2008 to 2010 I have rows in the Act table tbl_productservice but no rows in the Act table tbl_product.  When I try and export the opportunities to a clean Act database I end up with zero rows in both tables and the missing "Process" and "Stage" information in the opportunities table.

My workaround is to merge the opportunity information, but take the "Do not add" option for "Products/Services" in the "Opportunity Merge Options" window.  This loads the opportunities with the correct "Process" and "Stage" information but omits the product information.  This is something that we are OK with.

Thanks for all of your help.