Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - Duplicating Recurring Activities when Clearing

Copper Contributor

ACT 2010 - Duplicating Recurring Activities when Clearing

ACT! 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 2

When I clear an activity that is recurring, it creates a duplicate activity beginning when the activity was actually created as well as normal next activity.

Any suggestions to why?

Thank you,
Ann
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Duplicating Recurring Activities when Clearing

Began the posting on 10/05/2009 - no responses only views - I must be the only one having this issue.

I spoke with ACT Support and was instructed to run a Database Maintenance, I have been using ACT since Version 5, so I have a recurring Activity to run a Re-Index once a month. The funning this is...when I clear this activity it schedules the one for next month (like it is supposed to) AND creates another Activity with a date of 01/01/2006...NICE… So I called ACT Support back and was instructed to Remove Old Data- Clear activities older than...

I created a backup first! Good thing I did, the tech did not advise me that by doing this I would not be able to see the Cleared Activities on my monthly Calendar. Needless to say, I restored my backup.

PROBLEM IS...I still cannot clear a recurring activity without getting an additional one dated back in time AND the Lookup and saving of Activities are back to SNAIL SPEED.

Not going to call ACT Support back...what for, they are useless, with the language barrier and the fact that they read off of a piece of paper someone gave them, rather than really troubling shooting the issue. I was on the on hold and started to troubleshoot the issue myself. I found that if the Activity is created in ACT 2010 the second activity issue does not happen but if the Activity was created in a prior version the issues occurs. I had to tell him this! He put me on hold and came back on and explained that they had seen this issue with ACT 2009 and the way to correct or fix the problem is to Remove Old Data. NOT GOING DOWN THAT ROAD AGAIN.

SO ACT, IF THIS WAS EXPERIENCED IN 2009 WHY WAS IT NOT FIXED BEFORE THE RELEASE OF 2010?

I know this is just a Forum but I just needed to vent.

Thank you,
Ann

Hello,

Did you upgrade from ACT! 3.x, 4.x, 5.x (2000) or 6.x (2004) to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) and then to ACT! by Sage 2010?

Copper Contributor

We were using ACT 2007 Version 9 before the upgrade to ACT 2010, this is the same database that has gone through multiple upgrades.
Thank you,
Ann

Thank you for the additional information.

This issue is specific upgrade users coming from from ACT! 3.x, 4.x, 5.x (2000) or 6.x (2004) to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1).  We released a database fixer to resolve the issue in ACT! 2009.  Let me do the same upgrade scenario on my side to see if I get the same results.

Please check your private messages.

is there any way i can get ahold of the 2009 database fixer for duplicate recurrings? please provide me with a link.

thanks.