11-12-2010 10:42 AM
MY laptop PC froze up with a blank display. I was unable to shutdown and had to remove the power supply and battery to get it to shutdown. When I rebooted, ACT! 2010 does not recognize my password. Is there a way to open my database without the password?
11-12-2010 10:45 AM
I omitted some information when I requested help. When my PC froze up, I'm pretty confident ACT! was not running, so I don't believe the password issue could have been affected by the freeze up.
11-15-2010 09:16 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!
When your computer crashed, it may have caused your SQL service to fail to start or have the database to go to Recover/Suspect status.
To check you SQL service:
- click on Windows Start button
- XP select Run > Vista/Windows 7 use Search field
- enter command 'services.msc'
- scroll down to locate 'SQL Server (Act7)' and check the Status column
- if it is blank, right click on the service and select Start
- attempt to open your database
If this does not resolve your issue, please see your Private Notes