Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - Deleted contact - Sage locking files

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2010 - Deleted contact - Sage locking files

Hi,

Can anyone help me please, I use ACT 2010. Today out of the blue my account deleted 10,000 contacts! I have tried reinstalling the copy from earlier today and last night but it has been telling me that the files are in use when they are not. My IT company has restarted my server and it is still saying that the files are in use. They have told me that Sage has locked the files and I need to find out how to unlock them.

Does anyone know what to do??? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiffanyB
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Deleted contact - Sage locking files

Most likely a database in need of maintenance, or the database is damaged.  

As far as the locked database, go to the server, Start, Run, ACTdiag. When the ACTdiag utility pops up, click on the database tab and then find your database on the list.  Look on the collums to the right and you will probably see other databases are unlocked and yours is locked.  Right Click on the database that is giving the issue and you will see an unlock database option there. Choose that.

Next step is to backup the database, just in case.  How to Back Up and Restore an ACT! Database (here)

Then do maintenance Following the steps (here)  ACT! Database Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Repair, and Conversion

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiffanyB
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Most likely a database in need of maintenance, or the database is damaged.  

As far as the locked database, go to the server, Start, Run, ACTdiag. When the ACTdiag utility pops up, click on the database tab and then find your database on the list.  Look on the collums to the right and you will probably see other databases are unlocked and yours is locked.  Right Click on the database that is giving the issue and you will see an unlock database option there. Choose that.

Next step is to backup the database, just in case.  How to Back Up and Restore an ACT! Database (here)

Then do maintenance Following the steps (here)  ACT! Database Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Repair, and Conversion

(866)710 4228

Thanks. When you say the database is need of maintenance or is damaged how do I go about sorting that?

I am back to yesterday's version but I dont want this happening again. 

Silver Contributor

If this keeps happening, go through the maintenance steps I documented (rather than restoring from backup). If this is unresolved, you may consider a consultant or ACT database services to help address a database corruption issue.

(866)710 4228