Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - Company Description field

ACT 2010 - Company Description field

In previous versions of ACT, the Company Description field would wrap text to a second, even third line if required. In ACT 2010, the text doesn't wrap and you cannot do a hard return to force the info into the next line. Is there any way to force the text to wrap? I'm getting tired of having to use my arrow key to see information that is longer than the cell is wide. Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Company Description field

Hello JSVV,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The Company Description field is a character field, which means the text will not wrap. You would need to have a Memo-type field to do that. You can also increase the character limit on the field from Tools>Define Fields and increase the length of the field box by going to Tools>Design Layouts>Company

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Change it to a memo field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Greig & Roy. How do I change it to a memo field? Increasing the length of the field is not desirable since that would require a 52" wide screen given my company's propensity for novel-esque company descriptions. Smiley Wink

You would need to create a new field as a memo field and then use Edit | Copy to copy the data from the old to the new field.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks!