Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 - Birthdate error

ACT! 2010 - Birthdate error

For some strange reason, all my customer birthdates backed up by one day. (i.e. If the actual date entered was September 13, 2012, my ACT!2010 now reflects the date of September 12, 2012.) What is the cause of this error and how do I go about returning all my dates to their original, correct dates? Thanks. - Gary

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 - Birthdate error

Could the Time Zone setting have changed on your computer?

Double click clock in system tray > select Time Zone tab > correct if necessary.
Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

This can happen in ACT! after a conversion of the database through a number of ACT! versions and can be corrected but requires a utility to be run across the erroneous date fields to adjust thenm in mass by one day. We could do it for you, there would be a cost but not a great deal.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Thanks for the tip, Greg. Unfortunately that was not the issue. Besides, I don't think that would make my entire database back up by one day for all birthdates, eh? Thanks for trying. - Gary

Platinum Elite Contributor

Gary,
Does this happen with all Date and/or Annual Event field types? Or just the birthday field?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actully it can. All dates in MSSQL have a time component and when the time isn't specified or the default time is used, the time used is 12:00 AM (midnight) so a one time zone change could make all the bithdays change by one day. Daylight savings time shouldn't make a differance because the times are stored as Zulu time with a time zone offset.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129