Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2010 - Avoiding email history for certain contacts

ACT! 2010 - Avoiding email history for certain contacts

Dear ACTers!

ACT's brilliant. However we're finding it's recording ALL our correspondence within the company. My boss is worried about security - the history section is recording confidential information passed between him and another director.

We would like ACT! to continue capturing email sent to customers through Outlook, while ignoring email sent to employees of our company. Is this possible?

I know you can go into ACT! after sending the email and make the history items "private", but this obviously isn't an option.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks,

Woofy 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 - Avoiding email history for certain contacts

The easiest way is probably just to remove the email addresses from the user contacts.

If that's not an option, or you do want the emails to be stored in ACT!, but automatically marked as Private... we have a security plugin to do that.

Contact me via Private Message if you're interested in the Plugin

Thanks for the fast response.

For my boss neither option is a goer, so he's decided to add all email manually.

Cheers for the tips and if in the future we're interested in the plugin I'll be sure to PM you.

Best wishes,

Woofy 

Platinum Elite Contributor

We can also customise the Pugin to just mark as private the items that meet specific rules... depending on the rules, we'd need to quote on this