Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 - Automated Logon

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2010 - Automated Logon

I need to have ACT start up unattended (i.e automatic logon).  Other competitive products I have worked with allow me to have a startup parameter (e.g c:/Act.exe -UJohn -Ppassword).  Does ACT support something like this?

I found a post regarding automatic login for ACT 2009 which said it can only work if you have only a single user defined for the database.  For my database there are two users defined - one is me and the other is the default "MASTER" that came pre-installed.  Do I need to delete MASTER to make this work?  Are there any issues with deleting MASTER?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Automated Logon

Hello Ken,

When you create a database it asks you to create a user, this becomes your my record, so if you go into define users and you see a user listed as master, then somebody had to create it,  I would be careful in deleting this user, if you delete the user and they have contacts and note and histories assigned to the user and you don't choose to reassign them to yourself then they also will be deleted  from the database.

Take a look at log on status for master, if it's set to active, and your sure they don't need to log on just make them inactive, this will allow you to keep all of the transactions the user defined as master made, if there is only one active user then act should open.

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kenwiens
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 - Automated Logon

Hello Ken,

When you create a database it asks you to create a user, this becomes your my record, so if you go into define users and you see a user listed as master, then somebody had to create it,  I would be careful in deleting this user, if you delete the user and they have contacts and note and histories assigned to the user and you don't choose to reassign them to yourself then they also will be deleted  from the database.

Take a look at log on status for master, if it's set to active, and your sure they don't need to log on just make them inactive, this will allow you to keep all of the transactions the user defined as master made, if there is only one active user then act should open.

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005