Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010: After Synchronize new contacts are not listed in Contacts List View

ACT 2010: After Synchronize new contacts are not listed in Contacts List View

[ Edited ]

Sorry for any ignorance but I’m very new to the world of ACT and I’ve came across a problem that I have not been able to work out.

Everyone in my company is using ACT 2010 (12.1.181.0 Hotfix 4).

We have many users interacting directly with the primary database and a few using remote databases with their individual sync sets. The remote users tell me that when they used ACT 2009 and earlier they could run ACT with their remote database, then simply click Synchronize now to send any newly created contacts to the primary database, and during this sync any new contacts on the primary database would also be copied to their remote database and the new contacts would be made immediately visible in the Contacts List View. But since updating to ACT 2010 this is not happening.

I have found references in the Help to the use of Subscription Lists, and when using a remote database I look at the contacts listed on the Manage Subscription List dialog and I can see the new contacts that have been added directly to the primary database. But still they are not visible in the remote databases Contacts List View. In a similar fashion users of the primary database can not see any new contact additions that where sent from remote database syncs. 

Has something fundamental changed that I’m not aware off?

Cheers and thanks for your help,

Mathew Woods.

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2010: After Synchronize now contacts are not listed in Contacts List View

Matthewthere is an option atthe end of a sync to refresh the view CTRL F5 have you tried this and you should then see the updated contacts

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: ACT 2010: After Synchronize now contacts are not listed in Contacts List View

Hi Paul,

Pressing CTRL+F5 on the actual Synchronise Now dialog has no effect, while pressing CTRL+F5 when viewing the Contacts List View will display the Monthly view of the Calendar. Closing and restarting the instance of ACT using the remote database also doesn't jolt the Contacts List View into showing the new contacts.

Cheers,

Mathew.