Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 Activities tab locks in Detailed View

ACT 2010 Activities tab locks in Detailed View

[ Edited ]

Using ACT 2010. When in the detailed view, as I scroll from contact to contact, information at the Activities tab remains fixed, while information at other tabs changes with the particular contact.  When I exit out of ACT and then return, the Activities change with the contact for a time, but then at some point, Activities remain fixed again.  What must be done to get information at the Activities tab to move with the particular contact ‘all the time’?

One correlation I can draw is that when I do a column sort in List View and then click on Detailed View, whoever ends up at the top of the list in List View, that person's Activities remain frozen in view as I scroll through the contacts in the Detailed View.

I worked with an ACT Tech Support person many months ago who remoted in and did a few things that seemed to fix it then, but it's back.

Employee

Re: ACT 2010 Activities tab locks in Detailed View

It sounds like it could be a problem with hardware acceleration.

What version of windows are you on?

Thanks for responding!  I'm using Windows 7.

Question:  Is it possible to receive auto-email notifications when replies to posts are made?  It would help with getting through my issue in near-real time without needing to continually check the status of the response.

Platinum Super Contributor

You can set your Community preferences for email notifications by clicking on the My Settings option (just below and left of the Community banner).  Select the 'Subscriptions and Bookmarks' tab you will see options for notifications/emails listed.

Greg Martin
Sage

ChrisH,

Not sure if my original problem became trumped by a change of topic later in the thread.  I'm still have trouble with the 'History freeze'.  Looking forward to further info on what I can do about it.

Platinum Super Contributor

Generally this is an issue with Hardware Acceleration or a need to update display drivers.  Here is an article with instructions for adjusting your Hardware Acceleration:  KB Article 16471

Greg Martin
Sage