Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2010 ( 12.0) Hot Fix 4 - Help finding and controling Network Sync Service on Windows 7 laptop

ACT 2010 ( 12.0) Hot Fix 4 - Help finding and controling Network Sync Service on Windows 7 laptop

I currently have ACT 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 3 installed on a Windows 7 laptop running  Windows professional and Office 2007 professional.  The hotfix install instructions are not sufficient to help me find and stop Network Sync Service. 

There are two log-ins; one for Administrator and one for me as End User.   End-User also has admininstrative priveleges. ACT and databases are installed under End- User.   Do I need to be in Admin to find and stop Network Sync Service?  Either way,  I do not understand  how to find and stop Network Sync Service.  Am I supposed to first type CMD  or use a search bar?  The remaining steps for install are fairly straightforward.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2010 ( 12.0) Hot Fix 4 - Help finding and controling Network Sync Service on Windows 7 laptop

You can't instqall HF4 with out having service pack 1 installed. If you are using Pro you don't have a separate network sync service, the ACT! program provides that service.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT 2010 ( 12.0) Hot Fix 4 - Help finding and controling Network Sync Service on Windows 7 laptop

Never say never. I successfully installed the US version which is called ACT12Hotfix.exe from my ACT2010 disc at HotFix 3. Thgis is what I now see: "ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4" In 2010, there was only Premium and plain versions. The term 'Pro' did not appear until ACT 2011, and remains a source of confusion because according to Sage, I am registered as having ACT 2010 Pro. The Userguide for installing ACT2010SP1 US version states that one must start with the above Hotfix 4 version. However, my attempt to install SP1 after the Hotfix 4 update resulted in an unrecoverable error loop rendering ACT unusable. I uninstalled ACT, re-installed with my disk ( ie Hotfix 3), and updated to Hotfix 4. So... now what?

ACT 2010 (12.0) SP1 update - ACTfails to open after update, cannot be repaired and computer must be restored to image prior to update

I still  have not received reply to resolve the main issue with Act 2010 that I am having.   When I  attempt the update to SP1 using  either ACT2010SP1US_Update_HF1 or ACT2010SP1HF downloads,  upon restart, ACT fails to open and puts out an error message that flashes on screen too abruptly to read, but may have something to do with the SQL server.  From there I can neither repair nor re-install ACT, and instead I must restore my computer to a time prior to attempting the SP1 update.  My computer is a Windows 7, 32 bit.  On computer there is my profile, with admin rights and an admin profile. The computer is not networked to other computers,  ACT2010 is not installed on other computers, and I do not syc ACT with other computers or handhelds.  I possess both an ACT2010 disk and an ACT2010 Premium disk , the former at HotFix 3 level. As instructed in release notes,  I advanced  my ACT2010 to Hotfix 4 prior to attempting the SP1 update.  BTW: the Premium was sent to me in error and I have no specific purchased key for it. Is there anyone out there that can explain how to complete an SP1 update  for a single license ACT2010 that is not set up for synchronizatioin?

Additional notes:  I am beginning to suspect that  SP1 update was only written for ACT2010 Premium.  I do not know if my purchased key  for ACT non-premium will work  with premium.  Noone at Sage can tell me why my account with Sage is listed as ACT2010 Pro.  The term Pro  replaced the term Premium but not until ACT 2011. I have heard that the bug fixes promised to me when my software was under warranty will require successful  SP1 update.  All the release notes associated with the SP1 update seem to have been written for multi-license ( ie Pro users).  If there is no SP1 update for my stand alone ACT2010, then  should not SAGE provide me with a valid key for ACT2010 Premium?  The features that require fixing were promoted to me at the time of purchase, and were important parts of my decision to upgrade from ACT2008.