Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009

ACT 2009

Ihave this on my server and also run a remote DB on my laptop that syncs back to the 'master' db. Can i still do this if I get an Ipad? Do i need anything extra?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009

Hello Smarty,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The remote machine would need to have a full install of ACT! in order to sync to the main database. ACT! will only install to an Apple machine if there is a Windows Parallels (or similar) operating system installed (ACT! will not install straight to a Mac O/S), and I'm not sure if the IPad supports a Windows parallel operating system.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

is this what you are talking about?

http://cairnsapple.com/2010/09/15/put-windows-on-your-iphone-or-ipad-with-parallels-mobile/

Would I then put act in the ipad use a remote DB and have the master on the server and sync when I get back to the office?

[ Edited ]

Any suggestions then?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

ACT! 2009 is two versions old and is no longer available for purchase from Sage. It uses an earlier version of MSSQL and if you have alater version installed on your system there may be a conflict. Best advice, upgrade to ACT! 2011.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

Happy to do that so long as I retain the funtionality with the ipad that a currently have with my tablet.

Silver Contributor

No version of  ACT can be loaded on an ipad.  With other mac computers, a version of windows can be installed and ACT can be run.

Some versions of ACT for Web work on Safari browser or you can remote in to a windows based macine which has ACT installed.

By the way, we host ACT over Citrix which will allow you to view ACT on an ipad. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider