Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 - unable to cast com object of type 'microsoft.office.interop.word._application

ACT 2009 - unable to cast com object of type 'microsoft.office.interop.word._application

Ok, another fault I've found is - unable to cast com object of type 'microsoft.office.interop.word._application'.  This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on COM component for the interface with IID {00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: The RPC server is unavailable.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA). when I launch a new document such as letter to customer etc.  It seems to do this with any word document I open.  Any assistance would be appreciated..... Thanks, Southernman. 

Re: ACT 2009 - unable to cast com object of type 'microsoft.office.interop.word._application

Run detect/repair from Word.  Be sure to close all Office applications.

Help -> Detect and Repair...

Re: ACT 2009 - unable to cast com object of type 'microsoft.office.interop.word._application

I have tried your suggestion and this did not resolve the issue. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have tried to both detect and repair and the KnowledgeBase fix (regarding a damaged normal.dot file) and neither has fixed the problem.

I am noticing that the problem only occurs on users laptops. I am running from my desktop directly from the server and I don't have any problems. Salesmen are running remote databases from laptops and can't edit quotes or create more than one quote without having to shut down ACT! and restart.

Melissa

Copper Contributor

What version of Office?

Try deleting Normal.dot.

Okay, I tried deleting and it still didn't help. Both laptops are using Office 2003 and running Windows XP if that matters. We are using v9.0 of ACT!

Even when you can create the quote once or twice before the RPC error comes up when trying to edit the excel part we are getting weird errors such as "Microsoft Word cannot start the application required to open this object" and "An error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?"

These problems just started about two weeks ago before that they could create quotes with out problems, I don't think anything changed on either computer in that time.

Thanks for any assistance.

Melissa

Copper Contributor

Sorry.

I wish I could help more, but I haven't seen this before, and I don't know what causes it or how to fix it.

(The delete Normal.dot suggestion is the right solution for a different issue and I got the two mixed up in my head somehow, sorry about that.)

Hope somebody else can help.

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

melissal wrote:

These problems just started about two weeks ago before that they could create quotes with out problems, I don't think anything changed on either computer in that time.

Check in Add/Remove Programs if you have a Microsoft update about Office 2007 compatibility for Office 2003. If yes, you just have to remove this update (uninstall it from Add/remove programs), it will fix this issue!

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

I've checked both computers and I don't see any updates like this, unless I'm not looking for the right thing(which is a good possibility). Can you tell me the actual name of the update? Just to make sure. Otherwise I'm open to other options for fixing this error.

Thanks,

Melissa

Hi

I had the same problem with ACT and tried to fix as described above. Also couldn't find Windows update, till I checked the box "show up dates" Try this .I deleted that update. Deleted the normal template. Reinstalled Office 2003. Reinstalled Act 11:00. Works pefect now

Also I decide to not download Windows updates Automatically any more because I noted that as from the date that update was installed I too had the same issues as youselves

Trust that helps

Cheers Speros Macris. New Zealand