Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 - "File Not Found" error msg in Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 - "File Not Found" error msg in Outlook

[ Edited ]

I'm sure that this is a minor glitch in the upgrade path, since my beta version of 11.0 worked nearly flawlessly. However when I upgraded to the finished product, my interoperability within Outlook ceased to function. Formerly, when I would SEND an email, ACT! would process the mail to attach it to an ACT! Contact. Instead it now generates the "File Not Found" ERROR message and no longer appears in my systray. Any solutions or suggestions are appreciated! - I followed the directions to the letter on uninstalling the beta, backing up my files etc. The install was smooth.

Btw, I *love* 11.0!!! I enjoy all the new bells and whistles - especially the ability to link an email to my contacts to keep a running thread. So, I am sad that this is the function that has stopped working. You will also love the ability to perform mass attachments.

This is the best thing since sliced bread!!! - You no longer need to do attachments one by one in a mailing to a group. Great job, ACT! elves!!!

Message Edited by NowVoyager on 08-13-2008 10:18 AM
Message Edited by NowVoyager on 08-13-2008 10:29 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author NowVoyager
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 - "File Not Found" error msg in Outlook

Hi NowVoyager,

Have a few extra things I need to know. If you could, please check your private messages.

It will be the yellow envelope in the top right if you are unfamiliar with it.

Thanks,

AJones 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

NowVoyager,

When you installed the full release of the product, did you do an overinstall of your existing beta install? While it is possible to do so, it's not something really recommended.

For you Outlook issue, I would recommended uninstalling your current version. You can do this via Add/Remove Programs, then reinstall from the full release build. This should resolve your issue. 

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Hiya Ajones,

I see that your reply and my edit of the above post overlapped, LOL. Yes, I performed the uninstall as per the beta instructions. So, the full product was a clean install per se.

So, with the information that I did a clean install, must I still uninstall 2009 and re-install? Or,are you suggesting that I uninstall and reinstall Outlook?

Message Edited by NowVoyager on 08-13-2008 10:35 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author NowVoyager
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi NowVoyager,

Have a few extra things I need to know. If you could, please check your private messages.

It will be the yellow envelope in the top right if you are unfamiliar with it.

Thanks,

AJones 

Tuned Listener

Our very own Superperson AJones solved this for me in short order. I somehow had gotten an internal file pointing to an unknown destination. AJones redirected it and the problem was solved immediately! Genius!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

NowVoyager

i have this same issue.  i have act 2009 running on a terminal server.  when i was running 2008 it worked great.  i upgraded to 2009 and now  i get the file not found error.  please help.

I just installed Act! 2009 for a client and experienced the same problem.   I discovered (by using a file monitor) that Act! is trying to write temporary files to the administrators folder (even when logged in as a user).    The user obviously doesn't have access to the folder so the error is seen.   Make sure users have the modify permission on the following folder c:\documents and settings\administator(.domain name if required)\application data\act\act for windows 11\historyqueue\

I hope that helps!   Lloyd.  Trichromic LLP

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a computer die, so I've set this up on a brand new computer using Vista Home Premium.  I installed Outlook first ( Office 2007 Professional ), then I installed ACT 2009.  This is a database provided from another computer ( for synchronizing ) so this is the "remote database".  ACT seems to work fine, as does Outlook.

This is a new computer and neither program was previously installed on it !

HOWEVER, any time I send an email in Outlook I get the ACT:  File Not Found error box.

I tried setting the database folder rights to shared and allowing everyone access.

I opened the template mentioned in one post and it appeared fine, so I saved it.

I still get the message.

I'd appreciate any other ideas that might be available.  Thanks.

Tim

Message Edited by TimStone on 10-17-2008 12:07 PM

Two things to look for, either the HistoryQueue folder does not exist for the users, or the QPath in the registry is pointing at the wrong location.

First verify that if the HistoryQueue folder exists:

- Browse the to the following location - %appdata%\ACT\ACT for Windows 9\

- If it doesn't, then you can create a new folder and name it HistoryQueue.

If the folder already exists, do the steps below to verify its looking at the for the correct QPath:

- Open regedit and go to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookHistoryService\Desktop

- On the right side, you should see QPath and pointing to the user's HistoryQueue.

- If not, then edit the value and put the correct path.

If QPath doesn't exist:

- Right click the right pane and select New -> String. Name it QPath

- Double click QPath to put in the path for the HistoryQueue folder.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply.  I made the changes as suggested and it appears to work.  I will test further.  I appreciate your response in such a timely manner.