Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 and Outlook 2007 Compatibility & Setup

ACT 2009 and Outlook 2007 Compatibility & Setup

On a new computer I installed ACT 2009 and the next day Outlook 2007.  In the email setup I selected Outlook but my contacts are not available in Outlook.  Is this the result of installing ACT ahead of Outlook?  Or, how do I make my ACT contacts accessable in Outlook, currently Outlook shows no contacts available?

Sincerely,

Dale W. Kenyon

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 and Outlook 2007 Compatibility & Setup

Outlook needs to be fully installed and configured before installing ACT! or the two programs will not properly connect.  You will need to uninstall and reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I too have this issue and I installed Outlook 2007, as part of MS Office 2007 fully prior to installing Act! 2009. All of the other integrations work fine except for Outlook recognizing Act Contacts. Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello 1nolaguy,
Does Outlook show as an option in the Email setup in ACT!? Have you added the ACT! address book to Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.