Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Updater Fails Install

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 Updater Fails Install

Hi,

I am trying to install the ACT 2009 updater on a server with multiple partitions.  The OS partition is 60 gigs and the DATA partition is 176 gigs.  When I try to run the installer it errors indicating the OS partition, C: drive, does not have enough room.  All of the ACT files are installed on the D: drive so I am wondering why the installer needs room on the C: drive.  Is there a way around this issue?  Is there something I can do to install this specifically to the D: drive?

Thanks for your assistance.

Ed

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Updater Fails Install

Ed, there is a known situation where the amount of space being evenly divisible by 4 creates an insufficient space message.  You have 52gb available (52/4=13).  Try adding or removing files until you are at 53gb or 51gb of space available and then apply the update.

As a reference, here is an article that describes this situation (very last paragraph): Not Enough Disk Space 

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Ed,

Are you doing a full install of ACT! 2009 or trying to apply an update? In regards to the drives, you can install ACT! on the D: drive, but SQL Server will require installation on the C: drive. Also, what is the specific error message(s) you are getting?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg,

I am doing the act 11.1 updater.  The error message I am getting is "There is not enough space on drive C:\ to extract this package. Please free up 175.89 MB and click Retry".  Of course the C: drive partition only has 62 GB total space with 52 GB free so I am not sure what the issue is.  Any thoughts as to what may be happening here?

Thanks

Ed

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Ed, there is a known situation where the amount of space being evenly divisible by 4 creates an insufficient space message.  You have 52gb available (52/4=13).  Try adding or removing files until you are at 53gb or 51gb of space available and then apply the update.

As a reference, here is an article that describes this situation (very last paragraph): Not Enough Disk Space 

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Ok that got it!  Weird issue but I was able to get around it.  It installed fine and I am up and running.

Thank you for your assistance!

Take Care,

Ed