Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Terminal Server. File not found error

ACT 2009 Terminal Server. File not found error

i am running act 2009 on a microsoft terminal server.  when i am logged in as admin i have no issues.  when i log in as any user i run into the file not found error when emailing from outlook.  my username has admin rights on the domain.  please help. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Terminal Server. File not found error

If you are getting that error when sending an email, it means that the email template being used for the message is either damaged, missing or inaccessible (insufficient permissons).  If you have not chosen to use a specific template, the default one is called Emailbody and is located in the Templates folder in your database files.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I just installed Act! 2009 for a client and experienced the same problem.   I discovered (by using a file monitor) that Act! is trying to write temporary files to the administrators folder (even when logged in as a user).    The user obviously doesn't have access to the folder so the error is seen.   Make sure users have the modify permission on the following folder c:\documents and settings\administrator(.domain name if required)\application data\act\act for windows 11\historyqueue\

I hope that helps!   Lloyd.   Trichromic LLP

Thanks for the info about HistoryQueue.  Instead of changing the permissions, I changed the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookHistoryService\Desktop\Qpath

to point to a public directory.

Hope this helps!