Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Service Pack 1 issues

ACT! 2009 Service Pack 1 issues

[ Edited ]

I sure wish Sage would fix the major BUGS first, before trying to reach for new capabilities.

Even with the SP1 I can not effectively Export as no matter how I set the field MAP (and Save it), when I use it again (load map), the program changes the order of the fields I have selected -- placing SYSTEM fields at the top [alphabetically] before getting to the balance of my field list 9also alphabetically).  It would be nice if I coulkd save a MAP tghat remembered the fields AND THE ORDER in which I selected them when I issued the SAVE MAP command

The biggest CURRENT LIMITATION = BUG = is the program adds extensions onto file names for reports and templates after a sync <HUGE Frown>.   No wonder I can't run a simple contact report - the system can't find a file when it is named "Contact Report 2009-03-25 05-16-19.rep" instead of Contact.rep.

Layout Designer is not improved  (still can't select and expand tabs easily) and the viewing area is still limited.

Then there is the phone number field formating issue that requires me the change thousands of fields by HAND!  As I have been an ACT user since Moby **bleep** was a minnow... V2....the cummulative upgrades caused havoc to the phone field format.

No, Sage's answer is for me to buy TONS of third party sopftware to fix their known issues = BUGS!

AND, then to add insult to injury they want to SELL me tech support services.  What gumption!

Message Edited by dlunceford on 03-30-2009 12:15 PM

Re: ACT! 2009 Service Pack 1 - Helping you get the most out of your contact relationships

OH Yes,  I almost forgot.... the fact that SAGE adds additional characters onto file names means I can not BACKUP either!

Sure V11.1 is an improvement, but they have a LLLLoooooNNNNNGGGGGG way to go....

---------------------------
ACT! by Sage
The following error occurred during backup.  The backup was cancelled.

The parent's full name is too long for item : \Drive\C\Documents and Settings\Jim Bannon\My Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\JIM2009REMOTE-database files\Attachments\Restain Agreement 232d927a-1776-44ae-bab5-fae3ead17f5d dc5c5fd7-f45d-49e3-a9fe-368ec316390b 129eedd7-fab6-485d-a0aa-d56560ecdf89.doc

Type: Xceed.Zip.ZippedFile

FullName: \Drive\C\Documents and Settings\Jim Bannon\My Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 11\Databases\JIM2009REMOTE-database files\Attachments\Restain Agreement 232d927a-1776-44ae-bab5-fae3ead17f5d dc5c5fd7-f45d-49e3-a9fe-368ec316390b 129eedd7-fab6-485d-a0aa-d56560ecdf89.doc
OK   

Re: ACT! 2009 Service Pack 1 - Helping you get the most out of your contact relationships

[ Edited ]

Hello Jim,

I believe you also posted your issues in the IT for Toolbox community.  There was great dialog between Pat Egen (ACC), Mike Lazerus (GLComputing), Ben Lederer (Sage), and yourself regarding the issues you've described in your posts to the ACT! Leadership Blog.  I am making this post to share the information that was discussed for other ACT! users that may experience the same issues.  

Issues:

The biggest CURRENT LIMITATION = BUG = is the program adds extensions onto file names for reports and templates after a sync <HUGE Frown>.   No wonder I can't run a simple contact report - the system can't find a file when it is named "Contact Report 2009-03-25 05-16-19.rep" instead of Contact.rep.

The addition of time stamps to file names was an attended change made in 10.0.3.  The reason for the change was to prevent the overwrite of templates and failure of templates to sync.  This of course caused other issues that weren't expected and we are currently working on a fix to prevent this issue.

Error: "The following error occurred during backup.  The backup was cancelled." because of long file names.

The addition of guids to file names are caused by manuliplation of files (outside of ACT!) while ACT! is open.  This can be caused by moving files out and back in as well as through syncrhonization.  If you were to delete an attachment from the database and attach another with the same file name, it will add a guid.

Then there is the phone number field formating issue that requires me the change thousands of fields by HAND.

We do have a knowledgebase article that will walk you through the steps on how to replace phone format for multiple contacts. 

How To Replace Phone Format For Multiple Records

For other community users who are interested in the post, here is a direct link.

http://crm.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/act-l/file-name-additions-by-the-program-266656...

Thank you,

Message Edited by dlunceford on 03-30-2009 12:53 PM

Re: ACT! 2009 Service Pack 1 issues

Moved angelsolutions reply to its own thread for greater exposure.