Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 RDC issue

ACT! 2009 RDC issue

Clean install of ACT 2009 premium on to our new server 2008 (64-bit) box. Installed fine, I can open our database with any account as long as i run ACT! as an administrator. When running ACT! without administrator rights, it errors out with the following error:

"An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to a database. Please log on to a database first. "

any suggestions on how to allow my employees access ACT! through Remote desktop connections without giving them administrative rights would be very appreciative.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 RDC issue

I couldn't see a doc for ACT! 2009, but maybe this ACT! 2006 Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5z2l88

Let us know if it works for you

GLComputing wrote:

I couldn't see a doc for ACT! 2009, but maybe this ACT! 2006 Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5z2l88

Let us know if it works for you

Thank you for the quick response, unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.

There has to be some way to setup non-admin accounts to access the database without running the program as administrator. I can't imagine admins walking around the office all day putting in admin passwords so their employees can access the ACT! Database.

Actually, a bit of looking around and I don't think that error is related to rights.

Does it happen on multiple machines?

Areyou running any ACT! plugins?

This ACT is only installed on the server, our employees use remote desktop connection into their individual user accounts on the server. So one computer multiple user accounts. We are not running any plugins with ACT! .

Yeah i followed that article earlier this morning to no avail.

After you get that error, can you run LogViewer.exe (in the ACT! folder) and post the results

Also post any errors in the Windows Event log that happen at the same time

From Standard User Account Log:

Error Exception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:29721System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:29721

Server stack trace:
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at Act.Application.Interop.ActApplicationInterop..ctor()
   at Act.Application.Act.Main(String[] args)